In this episode of The Power Producers Podcast, David Carothers and guest co-host Josh Gurley discuss various topics related to the insurance industry, including the challenges of the hard market and the importance of branding and building strong relationships.
- David discusses the challenges of a hard market, including increased rates and longer processing times for applications. (8:38)
- David mentions the significance of content marketing, which includes blogging and utilizing articles to attract potential clients. (12:04)
- Josh shares his thoughts on renewals emphasizes the importance of treating existing clients like new businesses. (13:34)
- David explains the value of building and maintaining relationships in both personal and business settings. He highlights how this can significantly impact one’s success. (15:41)
- David expresses his belief in the importance of meeting with marketing reps and underwriters, even if it doesn’t result in any tangible benefits. (17:29)
- David explains the importance of investing in oneself and being part of a group where one can stay updated on the latest happenings in the industry. (24:04)
- “The fact that you’re already investing in yourselves and being part of a group where you can hear what other people are doing and see what’s happening on the streets puts you ahead of your competition, but you can’t stop there. You’ve got to be intentional and proactive in literally everything you’re doing at this point.” – David Carothers