In this episode of The Power Producers Podcast, David Carothers and co-host Kyle Houck interview Rob Bowen Jr., Founder, and CEO of Patriotic Insurance Group. Rob talks about his transition from being in the military to the insurance industry and how the Suits for Soldiers program began.
- Rob mentions why you can’t build a niche in the captive world. (8:13)
- Rob shares the huge advantage they have as an independent. (8:47)
- Was Rob’s excess surplus due to the market up in their area? (14:54)
- Rob explains what a scaffolding law is. (15:20)
- Rob shares the biggest challenge he has experienced going into the independent channel. (22:02)
- Rob mentions the most rewarding thing he experienced. (25:11)
- Rob explains how his transition went from being in the military to being in the insurance industry. (31:38)
- Rob shares how the Suits for Soldiers program started. (43:05)
- “I had a pretty good-sized book of excess surplus commercial business. We went independent in November and it had been rolling ever since trying to figure out this whole independent side. I’ve been talking to everyone I can and having people guide me through it but, it’s been interesting. I love what I do and I think this industry has a lot of potential.” – Rob Bowen Jr.
- “Every day is an adventure, you never know what’s gonna happen every day. We’re a pretty small agency and right now I’m still the head cook and chief bottle washer. The goal is to pull out of that as quickly as possible and have my team run it.” – Rob Bowen Jr.
- “Veterans are coachable, trainable, they all went through boot camp. They might not have the exact skill set the civilian world is looking for but I’ll hire a veteran any day because I know I can train him or her. Honestly, in today’s world, they also know how to show up on time, that’s a hard thing for a lot of people.” – Rob Bowen Jr.