In this episode of The Power Producers Podcast, David Carothers and co-host Kyle Houck talk about the different impulse factors that can help you close sales.
- David talks about season two of The Protege and how interesting it has been to watch which contestants are succeeding, and it may not be the ones that were originally the front-runners. (1:36)
- David explains that if you want to have insurance-related knowledge, get the CIC designation. (3:15)
- Kyle and David talk about a relatable mindset that Tiger Woods has that can also be applied to sales. (8:19)
- Kyle talks about the importance of confidence in sales and believing that you are supposed to be there and that you belong. (13:38)
- David talks about the downfall of a sales process that is based on auditing policies rather than bringing value. (16:03)
- “Half the battle is believing that you’re supposed to be there. They took the appointment, as you know, don’t talk yourself out of it because you think you don’t belong.” – Kyle Houck
- “I think many times what happens is we get so caught up in needing to know every single nuance of policy language, exclusions, endorsements, how to talk technically, and all of that.” – David Carothers