In today’s episode of The Power Producers Podcast, host David Carothers and co-host Kyle Houck, interviews Bob Klinger, President and CEO of Klinger Insurance Group located in Germantown, Maryland. Bob discusses his military background, what brought him into the insurance industry, marketing strategy, his staff, and giving back.
- How did Bob Klinger get into the insurance industry? (2:49)
- Why did Bob Klinger decide to start a dry cleaning business? (5:37)
- Bob explains the importance of working in various roles to understand the pieces and parts of what made their operations tick. (8:36)
- Why does Bob take his staff on field trips? (13:23)
- Bob shares how his Ranger mentality impacted his managing style and how he has evolved. (15:26)
- Everyone that holds a desk at Klinger Insurance Group has to hit numbers, daily/weekly goals, and incentives. (17:26)
- Hiring and probationary periods. (18:24)
- Prioritizing your daily routines. (26:41)
- Using your CRM and tracking outbound calls. (28:46)
- Why is it important to execute a defined process? (30:58)
- Marketing, advertising, and giving back to the community. (39:01)
3 Key Points:
- Bob discusses his humble beginnings and rise into the insurance business.
- Staff field trips help staff to learn, understand, and speak the industry language their clients speak.
- Creating routines, sticking with them, and prioritizing for success are essential for producers and sales teams.
- “I think that if anything gives me chills, it’s giving back. You know, I grew up pretty easy, I grew up pretty poor, and so being in this industry has given me a blessing and a standard of living to give back.” – Bob Klinger
- “No matter who you are, you have to execute the process that has been defined, that has been proven to be successful to perfection.” – David Carothers
- “I just realize that not everybody’s going to think like you; in some cases, that’s good.” – Bob Klinger