In this episode of The Power Producers Podcast, David Carothers and co-host Kyle Houck interview Clayton Wood, Managing Partner at C.B. Wood Financial. Clayton discusses how their company consistently reduces employer healthcare spending by 20-40%, and how they can assist agents not only getting more business but also maintain the accounts they already have by increasing stickiness.
- Clayton shares how C.B. Wood Financial found a niche in the healthcare industry, where companies with 50 to 500 people are large enough that their claims matter but too small to use large company strategies. (3:34)
- Clayton explains the 80-20 rule in the health care business and how it may help firms cut plan costs while improving benefits. (8:37)
- Clayton mentions that just by having enough strategies in their toolbox, businesses may produce huge savings for clients simply by knowing how to do it. (11:38)
- Clayton shares that they advise their clients to stay on their existing plan if it offers unbeatable pricing. (17:48)
- Clayton discusses how they bring in partners if they have questions they cannot answer themselves. (20:14)
- “Just by having enough strategies in your toolbox, you could deliver a significant amount of savings for clients, just by being able to know how to do it.” – Clayton Wood
- “We actually don’t quote for clients anymore for prospects anymore. What we’ve done is we’ve said, hey, look, send us your monthly bill, we’re going to guarantee you a savings rate.” – Clayton Wood